Review: The Homeschooling Handbook



Two years ago now, we decided to start homeschooling our son.  I'll go into more details in a future post.  But suffice it to say, its been a journey to find what works best for him and for us.  Recently I have completely reworked our methods for schooling him.  I've been doing a lot of research (which I should have done long before we ever started).  This last week we went to the library and I found a variety of books on homeschooling.  I narrowed my choices down to 1, because our local library only allows so many books to be checked out at one time.  I'm not sure exactly what made me choose this particular one, but I'm SO glad I did.  I read it in just a few hours and well...let's just start from the beginning:

"The Homeschooling Handbook" is written by Lorilee Lippincott.  It was published in 2014 so is still fairly up to date as far as web resources go.  Although there are a lot more now than there were when this book was written.  But all of her advice and tips still hold true and will for years to come.  Lorilee writes in a way that is very easy to read, fun to follow and makes you feel like she's just talking to you.  Through reading this book I learned to forgive myself for not being perfect, realize I'm completely normal when it comes to our struggles, and found encouragement to keep on going with our homeschooling journey.  I am so grateful I found this book and plan to buy a copy for myself.  You can find it Amazon.

This book is perfect for any new homeschooling parent or for anyone who wants to try again after a previously unsuccessful attempt.  Even if you're a veteran homeschooling parent, this book can provide you with encouragement and new ideas.  I highly suggest it to anyone who in any way shape or form has ever considered homeschooling.  I even suggest it to those who are completely against homeschooling, to learn better what its all really about!

After reading this book, I feel much more relaxed and less stressed about where we are headed in homeschooling our son.  I don't need to be so regimented or obsessed in planning out every step.  We can just jump in and see what works and what doesn't.  And then we can grow from there.  Definitely give this book a read!  Check your local library first, especially if you're not made of money (as we aren't)...  It's an easy ready, and really helped me to clear my mind and see where we are heading.

If you have any specific questions about the book, please feel free to leave a comment on this post!  Thanks for reading!

0 Responses to "Review: The Homeschooling Handbook"